Tightwad Training Camp Archive

Thanks for visiting the Tightwad Training Camp blog. This blog is now in archived-only status with no new posts. I've decided to leave it online & accessible due to a request for the information within the older posts.

If you are interested in both frugality and healthy eating, you might enjoy my other blog, Supper In Seconds, where I present recipes from scratch that take 10 minutes or less hands-on time to prepare.

Friday, March 16, 2007

savvy and cents report

Here is a chance for you to share your frugal successes this week. Did you find a good use for an item that would have been destined for the trash can? Did you try to develop a new skill? Did you find a creative temporary solution to a need (something that will work until you find the best deal on the real item you want)? Or did you just walk out of the store empty-handed instead of pulling out your credit card?

Here's mine: this week, I tried to spot-treat the stains on some of our favorite white t-shirts. Unfortunately, the bleach pen I was using left a bluish-purple ring around each stain where it was applied. Instead of throwing them away, I made plans to tie-dye the shirts next week, so I set them aside in a bag along with several others that are too stained to wear.

Leave your successes in the comments section. Please share your experiences! That’s the way inspiration happens.

Annoying but necessary disclaimer: All information contained herein express my opinions only and are based on my health status & location. Each person's situation, health, and local laws & ordinances are different. By all means, use your own common sense & don't do anything you see here if someone more important than me (like your doctor, your local police, your own conscience) would disagree. If you're easily persuaded by everything you read, and you think I might cause you to hurt yourself or break the law, quit reading my site, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This week I conquered my fear of using an item for a purpose other than what it was made for!

I had some old crib sheets that I've never used (hard to use them when you don't use your crib, ha, ha!) so I decided to cut them up for napkins and wipes. It took a few hours to convince myself that it was okay to cut up a perfectly good crib sheet, but I finally did it. I now have more cloth napkins, some cloth wipes, and some bit of elastic for my sewing bin.

I even washed out two plastic baggies to reuse this week. Now I'm off to the store to return an impulse buy.

julie said...

I love that you even thought to save the elastic for future projects. Regrettably, I have thrown away many pieces of elastic when I'm done cutting up the item. Thanks for sharing your ideas!