Tip #8: A rainy-day activity to file away that takes virtually no special materials.
Homemade Durable Tambourines
Take two coated cardboard dessert plates (like the decorated ones we usually serve cake on at parties). Put a handful of rice or lentils on one & glue the other onto it, face down, with Elmer's glue. The plain, white sides of the plates will be on the outside. Ideally, this should sit overnight.
When the glue is dry, let your little one decorate it however she wishes. Think about gluing on yarn, sparkles, glitter, fabric scraps. Very wee ones can draw or use stickers. When you're finished, put on some fun dancing tunes, like those from Jim Gill, and get some rainy day exercise!
Even easier tip: I like to keep a small stockpile of plates already glued. If you have any extras from a party, it only takes a few minutes to turn them into undecorated tambourines that will be always be ready for an impromptu activity.
Tightwad Training Camp Archive
Thanks for visiting the Tightwad Training Camp blog. This blog is now in archived-only status with no new posts. I've decided to leave it online & accessible due to a request for the information within the older posts.
If you are interested in both frugality and healthy eating, you might enjoy my other blog, Supper In Seconds, where I present recipes from scratch that take 10 minutes or less hands-on time to prepare.
Thanks for visiting the Tightwad Training Camp blog. This blog is now in archived-only status with no new posts. I've decided to leave it online & accessible due to a request for the information within the older posts.
If you are interested in both frugality and healthy eating, you might enjoy my other blog, Supper In Seconds, where I present recipes from scratch that take 10 minutes or less hands-on time to prepare.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment