Tightwad Training Camp Archive

Thanks for visiting the Tightwad Training Camp blog. This blog is now in archived-only status with no new posts. I've decided to leave it online & accessible due to a request for the information within the older posts.

If you are interested in both frugality and healthy eating, you might enjoy my other blog, Supper In Seconds, where I present recipes from scratch that take 10 minutes or less hands-on time to prepare.

Monday, October 1, 2007

30 Days of Tips - Nine In Nine Out

Tip #2: Who thinks they could use some more space, raise your hand. Who wants a larger mortgage payment, raise your hand. Now who wants more space with the same mortgage payment? Ah ha, now we're talking.

This is your new rule, whatever comes in, the same number goes out. Nine new articles of clothing at Christmas time? Nine articles to Goodwill the day after. Food & other consumables can be an exception.

On a practical note, the system works best if you keep a box somewhere unobtrusive & fill it with your outgoing items, then donate when full.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of myself! I bought a book and a dvd the this week, and your tip inspired me to pick out an old book/dvd to donate.

Thanks for reminding me that things CAN leave me house.

L

julie said...

Just like the endless cleaning, I'm finding it easier to stay on top of the clutter rather than do massive work after it's out of control.